Relieving dental anxiety in Naples and creating a stress-free environment allows Dr. Hoop to give patients elite care and eliminate dental problems. Patient comfort is our first priority. Our commitment to soothing dentistry includes:George A. Hoop, DDS, PA on Relieving Dental Anxiety Read Transcript
There's a lot of people out there with fear and anxiety about having dental care done. Over 27 years that I've practiced, I'm amazed at the stories I've heard. It sounds like old-time dentists were very insensitive at times. People come in with battle wounds and horror stories and in most situations, dental anxiety can be relieved very easily. What we offer in the office is an oral sedative, anti-anxiolytic. It relieves a lot of the anxiety and helps people through their appointments. I think so many people come in and they're embarrassed by it and they don't need to be. I'd probably say there's about a third of the people out there who have some or have a lot of anxiety about having dental work done. The particular medication that we use is great. People can take a pill or two, get a great night's sleep. When they come in the next day, they can take another dose. A lot of people sit here in the chair and end up dozing off and sleeping through their appointments. So I think the message out there for those people that are so self-conscious about going to the dentist is there are options. There are great options. There are inexpensive options. There are easy options that they need to be aware of that can relieve their anxiety and let them get the dental work that they know they need, but sometimes have a great deal of difficulty about showing up to actually have performed.
- Safe procedures and state-of-the-art technology
- Sedation dentistry options to keep patients at ease
- Gentle dental team trained in all aspects of prevention and infection control
- Ability to treat a variety of dental complications under one roof
Every patient who visits Dr. Hoop’s dental office is greeted with a warm smile and helping hand. Call our office today at 239-734-7737 to book a visit.
Keep Your Dental Visit Stress-Free
Patients need a dental office they’re comfortable visiting. Our staff takes pride in helping anxious patients overcome their fears. It’s common for patients to be scared of the dentist, and it’s also common for patients to feel at ease once they meet the team. As an added bonus, you can take comfort knowing you have sedation options available in the office.
- Inhaled Sedation — This is the first stage of sedation, also known as laughing gas. If you can’t get comfortable in the dental chair, inhaled sedation can help. It works quickly and is safe for all ages, including children.
- Oral Conscious Sedation — This sedation is deeper than inhaled sedation and comes in pill form. Most patients take the medication before their visits. While you’ll stay awake, most patients often have little memory of the procedure. We often use this form of sedation for patients who need longer appointments.
Our patients take comfort in knowing that Dr. Hoop has trained for decades to help patients over their dental problems, large or small. From preventing harmful dental infections to replacing missing teeth with dental implants, patients can trust Dr. Hoop to oversee every aspect of their care.