You can achieve a white, brighter, straighter smile with cosmetic dentistry in Naples, FL. Dr. Hoop has practiced for decades to provide elite, beautiful solutions that can make your smile drop-dead gorgeous. The advantages of cosmetic dental care at Total Dental Solutions for Adults include:George A. Hoop, DDS, PA on Cosmetic Dentistry Read Transcript
We offer a great number of cosmetic dental options. It really depends on what a person's particular problem is and what they're concerned about. Again, there's so much variance from one person to another. Sometimes, there are minor corrections needed, sometimes there are major corrections needed. Sometimes people only want to treat certain things. I think it really starts with a discussion of what that particular person is concerned about and what their goals are. Cosmetic dentistry incorporates an awful lot of different procedures. Initially, we can look at tooth color. Is the color of their teeth correct? We can look at whitening to correct that. If the color of teeth are particularly dark, we sometimes need to cover the teeth and look at veneers. The second thing we look at in cosmetic dentistry is really the shape of the particular teeth. Does the shape of the individual teeth fit that person's facial features and fit their age, or does the shape actually need to be changed? Third option is actually looking at the tooth position. Are the teeth aligned well? Are the teeth rotated? Are the teeth out of position? Then you have to go back and look at all three in combination. You should be able to find a link on the website for a free download for a cosmetic booklet that we put together about the three most important questions to ask to get the cosmetic dentistry that's right for you. It covers all those topics in a lot of detail.
- Gaining more confidence
- Getting a stronger, brighter smile
- Improving your oral health
- Restoring a youthful appearance
Brighten Teeth & Cover Smile Flaws
Smile imperfections like heavy stains or chips and cracks can make your smile look unattractive or even unhealthy. Here are some ways you can quickly correct these issues:Doctor Hoop on how to choose your Cosmetic Dentist Read Transcript
Cosmetic dentistry can range anywhere from fairly simple procedures and simple techniques to fix small problems all the way up through very complex multidisciplinary procedures that take a period of time and involve several different disciplines of dentistry, like orthodontics as well as restorative dentistry.
I think the most important thing that patients can do is almost interview the dentist, listen to the procedures that the dentist is going to provide, listen to the steps, ask questions about how the procedures are going to be accomplished because this can be a real important part in making sure that each patient gets what they want.
When we're doing larger, more complex cosmetic cases, we go through a multi-step process of checks and balances to ensure that the patient's going to get the result that they're looking for, and we try and spend a little bit of time discussing with each patient the various options that they can have in their smile, the shapes of the teeth, the lengths of the teeth, to get an idea of what they're looking for and what they want in a smile catalog.
After the first appointment, people will be typically wearing some form of a temporary restoration with the proposed changes of the teeth so that, what I like them to do is go home for a week, look at how it looks in their mouth, ask their family members, ask their friends for input, and then come back to the office and talk to us about what they think. Do they want any changes, or do they like what they have? Once that's been checked off, once we have the temporaries okayed in the individual's mouth, now it's time to actually make the veneers or make the final restorations.
- Professional Teeth Whitening — Whiten your smile in the office or the comfort of your home. Our whitening solutions will enhance your smile by several shades!
- High-Strength Dental Veneers — Cover up issues like chips, cracks, and heavy stains with veneers. These thin restorations fit over your teeth. In some cases, we don’t even need to file the tooth to fit the veneer.
- Tooth Bonding — We can also use tooth-colored composite material to cover chips and cracks. This process is immediate and doesn’t require tooth preparation.
- Gum & Tooth Reshaping — Our team can give you a more uniform smile by slightly adjusting the size or shape of your teeth and gums. We can also treat gum recession with a laser or gum graft.
Conveniently Straighten Your Teeth
Dr. Hoop can treat advanced orthodontic issues and mildly crooked teeth without sending you across town to orthodontists. Orthodontics improve your appearance and overall health. At Total Dental Solutions for Adults, these treatments include:
- Traditional Orthodontics — This treats everything from crooked teeth to bite issues. Conventional orthodontics can take a couple of years, but they can fix the most severe problems, including TMJ issues.
- Short-Term Orthodontics — Do you just need mild alignment adjustments? Straighten teeth in as little as a few months. You might be a candidate for Six Month Smiles® or Fastbraces®.
- Clear Orthodontics — Some patients can’t stand the thought of metal braces. Invisalign uses clear orthodontic aligners to move teeth into a better position.
Discover a more beautiful smile you’ll be proud to share. Call 239-734-7737 today to schedule a consultation about cosmetic dentistry in Naples.