Missing teeth pose a number of unfortunate oral health and overall health problems. Replacing lost teeth with dentures in Fort Myers gives patients more function in their mouth and a better, fuller smile. Our natural-looking dentures give patients:George A. Hoop, DDS, PA on Dentures Options Read Transcript
When people are faced with a situation where they're going to lose most or al of their teeth, we sometimes have to look at full dentures. Full dentures are essentially when there's no teeth left to clip a partial denture to, there's no other treatment option, the teeth are not restorable, and all of them have to come out. Then we're typically looking at replacing them with a full set of dentures. Sometimes it's an upper only, sometimes it's a lower only. Oftentimes it's both an upper and lower as a set. A lot of people think that a denture is a denture and actually there's a lot of different options out there. Traditional dentures, there's no clips or attachments to the jaw. They basically balance on the arch of bone and gum and sometimes it's a good option for people, but for those people that can't get enough chewing capacity with a regular denture, we oftentimes add dental implants so that we can put clips and attachments in under the denture to hold it in place. That gives them better retention, that gives them better chewing capacity, and it gives them more stability.
- More confidence in their smile
- Enhanced biting force and nutrition
- Affordable way to replace missing teeth
- Tooth replacement options if they’re not candidates for dental implants
It’s vital for patients to replace missing teeth. Dr. Hoop and his team will walk you through all of your tooth replacement options. Call the office today at 239-312-5748 to book a consultation.
Get The Beautiful Smile You Deserve
Dr. Hoop uses lifelike materials to restore your smile. Dentures can be used to replace single or entire arches of missing teeth. Removable dentures reply on fit or adhesives to stay in the mouth, and our office is using state-of-the-art technology to help diagnose and design high-strength restorations. Some of our denture solutions include:
- Partial Dentures — Replace single missing teeth or large gaps in the smile with dentures that clip onto healthy nearby teeth.
- Full Dentures — These common restorations are used if you are missing entire arches of their teeth or all of your teeth. You might need adhesives to keep dentures from shifting.
- Temporary Dentures — Some patients need temporary teeth while their long-term restoration is being designed or while they decide on the next phase of treatment. With temporary dentures, you’ll never be without your smile!
Stabilize Replacement Teeth With Dental Implants
Removable dentures can slide around the mouth and make it difficult to enjoy your favorite foods. Some denture wearers even develop sores from their dentures. Dr. Hoop can place dental implants, a procedure he’s offered for nearly 30 years, to secure your replacement teeth and drastically improve your biting force. In fact, dental implants nearly match the strength of natural teeth. We’ll use digital technology and 3-D scans to diagnose dental problems and map out implant treatments.
Here are a few other advantages of implants:
- Preservation of the jawbone
- More chewing power
- Fuller, more beautiful smile
- Multiple restoration options from implant-supported bridges or implant-supported dentures
Patients are in good hands with Dr. Hoop, who has trained in the latest techniques of implant placement at the world’s most prestigious institutes. As part of our implant services, Dr. Hoop also places immediate-load implants and Fountain of Youth™ dentures. That means we can restore teeth in one day with options like TeethXpress, Smile-in-a-Day, and All-on-4®!
Let Dr. Hoop and his soothing team correct your dental problems with dentures in Fort Meyers. Come visit us for all of your dental solutions. Give us a call today at 239-312-5748. Our Fort Meyers office is especially convenient if you live or work in zip code 33907.